Wednesday 14 April 2010

Photography with a purpose

The best thing about photographs are they take us back into time! They become part of our memory and sometime when we have missing memory of any event..they become memory itself. I always loved taking pics, since when the cameras were rare...(.our 3MP camera was praised by everybody then) to this time when we each have mobile camera . But pics have only one use before.....loaded somewhere to be seen in leisure. But it all changed for me.
We are making a biodiversity inventory at Spandan -the bip( biodiversity inventory by People). The minimum requrement, to be a part of the biodiversity inventory is just the pictures U clicked( with appx or exact date n place ).So now, I click and add my pictures to the biodiversity data at Spandan site.( www.Spandan-bip.org). My photography thus have a purpose now . The thing that I am doing something to help in conserving biodiversity motivates me.This has become a habit for me. Whenever I see a new plant/ new insect or bird...I think of this biodiversity inventory for which that species is a valuable data. I think the global biodiversity crisis is the responsibility of each of us and we should help in conserving it..however we can.
So If u also love photography..be a part of Spandan -the bip n help in saving biodiversity while U can!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Neha - The purposing your photography. A great thought!

    ReplyDelete